Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nut Jobs in Florida

OK here is a church in Gainesville, FL who will be hosting a Koran burning party on 9/11.  If this is not the dumbest thing I have heard.  This just goes to show that there are nut jobs in every religion.  I can understand that they do not believe the Koran is the word of God, and I agree with them in that aspect.  But to knowingly burn a book that thousands of people around the world consider holy, is just being a punk bully.  Here in America people are trying to stop the construction of a mosque at the World Trade Center for the very fact that it would be like sticking a finger in the eye of the USA.  Now we have some wacko, podunk church wanting to burn the Koran.  Talk about sticking a finger in someone's eye.

Now I know that bibles are confiscated and burned all the time in Muslim nations, and they will kill anyone trying to preach any religion other than Islam.  That is wrong in my opinion.  But we need to fight the good fight and burning the Koran is not fighting the good fight it is just grandstanding for attention.  I hope the Pastor at that church will realize what he is doing is bringing attention to himself for the wrong reason.  If he thinks he is standing up for Christ, then I think he needs to reread the Bible he carries with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment